Thursday, November 28, 2013

The 99th Posting -- A Time of Gratitude and Reflection


Today is Thanksgiving Day in the US.  Among the many blessings that I will acknowledge today is the blessing of this Blog.  It is a blessing for me to have an outlet for my thoughts and feelings.  Reportedly, it has been a blessing for a number of people around the world who have benefited from my writing.  Since this posting is the 99th, the 1st written in July of 2011, I have wanted to let my readers know statistically at this milestone about RED in Transition.

Here are some statistics about its readership:

  • As of today, there have been 11,914 views over the past 28 months. Compared to other blogs out there, that is small potatoes, but for me, that represents an incredible amount.
  • It is read by people in the following countries: US (of course), Russia, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Malaysia, Germany, Poland, Latvia, Ukraine.  They represent the Top 10 in number of hits.  
  • RED in Transition has also been read by people in Philippines, China, Uruguay, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Pakistan, Namibia, Italy, Denmark, Estonia, Norway, Brazil, India, Ireland, Switzerland, Hungary, Belarus, Sweden, Brunei, Columbia, South Korea, France, and Barbados.  WOW!
  • The Top Ten most read postings are:  1) Irrational Thinking Patterns (by far the most read), 2) Refute-->Rethink-->Rewire: A Cognitive Choice, 3) A New Commandment I Give Unto You, 4) Elder Bednar Spring 2013 Conference Address -- Grace, 5) Good-bye, Stan, 6) Eddie's 24-Hour Diary, 7) Confessions of a Mormon Bishop, 8) Sorry--Your Family & Friends Can't Come to Your Mormon Wedding, 9) Trying to Let Go, and 10) For a Second Time.  You can access them by clicking on Popular Posts to the right -->.
Please know, dear readers, that I love to write in this blog.  I am grateful that you would think it worth your while to read.  I try to be real, putting out to the blogosphere what I am experiencing and what I am learning.  

Some of my most popular postings have been of an instructive nature.  I write about concepts that I have learned and which I  believe can benefit others, particularly those with whom I associate in my career as a psychologist.  I have wondered if I should have a blog strictly about my life experiences and transitions, and another blog comprised of topics of a psychological nature.  We'll see.

For those members of the LDS Church, I have been reading the Book of Mormon again in 2013 and have been keeping a journal in which I reflect on what I am reading.  My intention is to finish proofreading it in December and then put it on the blogosphere.  It will be known as RED Book of Mormon Journal, and I believe it will be worthwhile to read.

The future holds new experiences, new thoughts and feelings, new opportunities to try to make sense of life.  I am literally in transition, and it is exciting!

No comments: