Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I Failed the Exam


For those who few who faithfully read this blog, you will know that I have been preparing earnestly to take my licensing exam to receive my Marriage and Family Therapist certificate for some time. I wanted to let you know that I failed the exam.

It was emotionally hard to take at the time, and I have spent the past week processing my feelings and talking with my wife and others. I understand that at some point I will pass the exam. I understand that it has no bearing on whether I am a good therapist or not (I believe I am).  I also understand that it is okay that I have feelings about this setback and I acknowledge to myself that I am in the grieving process.

I can retake the test after I apply to Sacramento, and their permission to do it again usually takes about six weeks. I haven't yet applied, but will likely do so next week.

In the meantime, for all of those who prayed and fasted for my success, I am so grateful to you.  I see the hand of the Lord in all of my affairs, including this, and I look upon this as a setback but also as a learning experience.

I am so loved!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are loved and appreciated.

Jennifer said...

Also, thank you for being yourself. That is a great gift in a society that frowns upon individuality.