Sunday, July 20, 2014

Paxman Family Reunion - July 2014 #2

Although we watched some movies at the reunion, and went swimming, not to mention the disc golf we played, the canoeing, watching 4th of July fireworks, and eating ourselves silly, the greatest thing about this reunion was the chance to reconnect.  It was a blessing to see three of my four children and five of my six grandchildren in one place.  It was wonderful to see my brother-in-law Rick and his wife Amy, and their son Scott and daughter Suzy.  It was great to see my sister-in-law Jill and her husband Richard Lin, and their sons Philip and his wife Carolina, and Timothy. And it is always a blessing to spend some time with my great wife, away from our day-to-day activities.

It was also a blessing for cousins to be able to hang out with other cousins, and aunts and uncles--from young to old.  This reunion gave us all the opportunity to spend time together that is so difficult to do since all of us aew literally spread across the country.  

Here are a few meaningful pictures (to me) of some people I love.  They made this reunion the wonderful time it was.  Thanks to Rick and Amy for hosting this shindig. 
Emily, Rick and Jill (and Richard Lin hidden)
BJ, Rebecca, and Cousin Scott
Sisters with Mustaches
BJ and Rebecca, together



















Interestingly, I turned 60 on June 4th.  My sister-in-law Jill turned 60 eight days before me.  My other sister-in-law Amy turns 60 later in the summer. One from each of the three Paxman sibling marriages turns 60 this summer.

To celebrate, we had a dress up party, complete with a "60" pinyata (I couldn't to a tilde over the n) for the kids, party hats, and birthday cake. This party produced the first darling photo of the Johnson grandchildren at the other posting, plus the mustaches.

My wife had dug up some pictures of me from old scrapbooks at the request of my children.  The pics were compiled along with memories of their dad, and presented to me during the party.  I was pleased and touched by what they did.  
Happy Birthday to Me!
What a wonderful week! We made some preliminary plans for our next soiree in a couple of years.  I can't wait...!

No comments: